• Standardized pure saffron extract
• A natural neurotransmitter booster
• Supports healthy mood balance
• Helps manage stress
With over 150 identified compounds in the flower, this highly prized herb has widespread traditional health-related uses, from inflammation to PMS to digestive support. However, it is now being seriously regarded for its therapeutic role in mood, homocysteine levels, anxiety and more. It is a natural support for neurotransmitters, which modulate various functions including sleep and mood. Studies to date support its effective role in the management of depressive symptoms, with mechanisms of action thought to be similar to prescription antidepressants (i.e. re-uptake inhibition of monoamines [dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin] and inhibition of the N-methyl-D-aspartic acid [NMDA] receptor). Saffron has also been found to have GABA-like effects, which assists in relieving feelings of anxiety. Saffron has been clinically proven to help manage stress while supporting mood balance, and scientific studies continue to reveal its health-related advantages.
Saffron must be handpicked under particular conditions, leading to its status as one of the most luxurious and expensive herbs. AOR’s saffron is a pure, standardized extract, sourced from Iran, and derived from a proprietary process that extracts the main active compounds of the stigma of saffron flowers without causing oxidative damage.
Provides antioxidants, supports eye health and mood balance.
AOR™ guarantees that all ingredients have been declared on the label. Contains no wheat, gluten, corn, nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, sulphites, mustard, soy, dairy, eggs, fish, shellfish, or animal by products.
- Ingredients: Crocus sativus extract (2% safranal)15 mg Non-medicinal Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose and maltodextrin (from organic rice). Capsule: hypromellose.
- Legal disclaimer: Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.
- Manufacturer: Advanced Orthomolecular Research
- Suggested use: Take one capsule twice a day, or as directed by a qualified health care practitioner.
- Warnings: Do not use if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, if you’re taking blood thinners/anticoagulants or have a bleeding disorder. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you’re taking serotonergic drugs or if you suffer from any psychological disorder and/or condition such as frequent anxiety or depression. Consult a health care practitioner if you’re symptoms persistent or worsen.
Refunds and Returns
We will happily refund your order up to 30 days after your time of purchase. All products must be returned, unopened, in their original packaging.
Please include a receipt or proof of purchase with all returns. Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned product. Upon approval, your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment.
Acceptable Reasons for Returns
Product error made by us (such as sending the wrong brand, product or flavour).
1. Expired product
2. Damaged products
3. For products that fall under this category, SNS Health will
Late or Missing Refunds
It may take some time before your refund is officially posted to your bank or credit card. If you are currently awaiting a return, please contact your bank or credit card company as there is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
Bundle Deal Products
Only regular priced products may be refunded, unfortunately bundle deal products cannot be refunded.
We're happy to exchange damaged or defective products. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll provide you with a return shipping label.
For all other exchanges, please mail the product to:
Sports Nutrition Source
2500 Williams Parkway
Please use the same aforementioned address for Returns.
SNS Health will cover the return shipping costs for damaged, expired or incorrect products. Please contact us at (INSERT PREFERRED EMAIL ADDRESS) and we will provide you with a return shipping label. Original shipping costs are non-refundable.
Our packages are sent using standard shipping methods and timing. If you would like your order to arrive faster, the following are the approximate expedited shipping times:
Normal: 4-10 business days
Expedited: 2-7 days
Normal: 4-8 weeks
Expedited: 10-15 days