Increases levels of the antioxidantglutathione, an antioxidant responsible for:
• The maintenance ofgood health
• Preventing free radical damage in the body
• Supporting liver function for proper detoxification
Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins. N-acetyl-cysteine comes from the amino acid L-cysteine. To understand its many roles, one first needs to understandglutathione, as NAC is a precursor to this fantastically protective nutrient.
Glutathione is an antioxidant that is naturally produced in plants and fungi, some bacteria and archaea, and animals including humans. It is present in almost every cell in the body, and plays roles in detoxification, balancing inflammation, mitochondrial support, and keeping our whole body looking and feeling ship-shape.
One of its most important roles has to do with detoxification. As a source of sulphur, there are many liver functions in which it plays a part.
As an antioxidant, it helps to prevent damage from free radicals. It’s also shown to decrease signs of premature aging like sun spots, decreased skin elasticity and wrinkles.
Other roles include helping to make some of the molecules that help with inflammatory balance like leukotriene and prostaglandins.
Lowglutathione levels are seen often when one is depleted - like in neurodegenerative disorders, burns, chronic exposures to chemical toxins and alcohol and athletic overtraining. These are all excellent times to consider L-Glutathione supplementation.
NAC, then, can be used to support all the above benefits ofglutathione. It helps to keep up the body’s own production of this vital antioxidant.
- Ingredients: MEDICINAL INGREDIENTS – EACH CAPSULE CONTAINS: N-Acetyl-L-cysteine ………………………………… 500 mg NON-MEDICINAL INGREDIENTS: Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose,gelatin (Capsule).
- Legal disclaimer: Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.
- Manufacturer: ORGANIKA
- Suggested use: Take 1 capsule 2 times per day with aglass of water. Take with meals providing protein. DURATION OF USE: Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 6 months.
- Warnings: Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if you are taking any drugs/ herbs/supplements; have a chronic liver disease; are taking nitrates for angina, or have a history of peptic ulcer disease. Discontinue use if you experience nausea, vomiting or diarrhea. Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or have cystinuria. Avoid using if you are prone to forming renal stones.
Refunds and Returns
We will happily refund your order up to 30 days after your time of purchase. All products must be returned, unopened, in their original packaging.
Please include a receipt or proof of purchase with all returns. Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned product. Upon approval, your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment.
Acceptable Reasons for Returns
Product error made by us (such as sending the wrong brand, product or flavour).
1. Expired product
2. Damaged products
3. For products that fall under this category, SNS Health will
Late or Missing Refunds
It may take some time before your refund is officially posted to your bank or credit card. If you are currently awaiting a return, please contact your bank or credit card company as there is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
Bundle Deal Products
Only regular priced products may be refunded, unfortunately bundle deal products cannot be refunded.
We're happy to exchange damaged or defective products. Email us at email@example.com and we’ll provide you with a return shipping label.
For all other exchanges, please mail the product to:
Sports Nutrition Source
2500 Williams Parkway
Please use the same aforementioned address for Returns.
SNS Health will cover the return shipping costs for damaged, expired or incorrect products. Please contact us at (INSERT PREFERRED EMAIL ADDRESS) and we will provide you with a return shipping label. Original shipping costs are non-refundable.
Our packages are sent using standard shipping methods and timing. If you would like your order to arrive faster, the following are the approximate expedited shipping times:
Normal: 4-10 business days
Expedited: 2-7 days
Normal: 4-8 weeks
Expedited: 10-15 days
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.