• A Peruvian root traditionally used as an adaptogen
• Supports sexual function & psychological wellbeing for men and women
• Helps relieve menopausal symptoms and balance hormone levels
• Socially & ecologically responsible harvesting
Maca (Lepidium meyenii), a plant native to Peru, is a cruciferous, mineral-rich plant whose roots are eaten as a vegetable by the indigenous peoples. Maca balances the effects of major steroid hormones such as estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone, and seems to create effects that are specific to the condition of the individual, elevating low levels of some hormones while lowering levels of hormones present in excess. Health professionals who use Maca in their practices thus report that Maca assists in the maintenance of sexual function in aging men and women, and can be helpful in normalizing menopausal and premenstrual symptoms in women.
As an adaptogen (a substance that helps the body adapt to stress), Maca has been shown to support bone structure, fight stress, increase energy, and promote balanced blood glucose levels and cardiovascular health.
AOR’s Maca is the only maca supplement available which is grown in an environment free of pesticides and fertilizers. The harvesting process is socially as well as ecologically responsible: the root is purchased directly from traditional cattle herders in the Andes. The decision-making process on land use is communitarian/consensus-based, with the communal council having final say on crop planting and harvesting. This allows these peoples to retain aspects of their traditional culture while integrating to a necessary degree into the prevailing cash economy.
Maca is a plant relative of the radish and is used to support emotional aspects of sexual health for both men and women. It also supports mood balance during menopause and provides antioxidants.
AOR™ guarantees that all ingredients have been declared on the label. Contains no wheat, gluten, nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, sulphites, mustard, soy, dairy, eggs, fish, shellfish or any animal by product.
- Ingredients: Lepidium meyenii (Maca) root extract750 mg Non-medicinal Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, maltodextrin, sodium stearyl fumarate. Capsule: hypromellose
- Legal disclaimer: Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.
- Manufacturer: Advanced Orthomolecular Research
- Suggested use: Take two capsules daily with or without food or as directed by a qualified health care practitioner.
- Warnings: Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, have high blood pressure, are taking blood thinners or antidepressants, suffer from any psychological disorder or condition such as frequent anxiety or depression. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond three months, or beyond six weeks for menopausal & postmenopausal women.
Refunds and Returns
We will happily refund your order up to 30 days after your time of purchase. All products must be returned, unopened, in their original packaging.
Please include a receipt or proof of purchase with all returns. Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned product. Upon approval, your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment.
Acceptable Reasons for Returns
Product error made by us (such as sending the wrong brand, product or flavour).
1. Expired product
2. Damaged products
3. For products that fall under this category, SNS Health will
Late or Missing Refunds
It may take some time before your refund is officially posted to your bank or credit card. If you are currently awaiting a return, please contact your bank or credit card company as there is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
Bundle Deal Products
Only regular priced products may be refunded, unfortunately bundle deal products cannot be refunded.
We're happy to exchange damaged or defective products. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll provide you with a return shipping label.
For all other exchanges, please mail the product to:
Sports Nutrition Source
2500 Williams Parkway
Please use the same aforementioned address for Returns.
SNS Health will cover the return shipping costs for damaged, expired or incorrect products. Please contact us at (INSERT PREFERRED EMAIL ADDRESS) and we will provide you with a return shipping label. Original shipping costs are non-refundable.
Our packages are sent using standard shipping methods and timing. If you would like your order to arrive faster, the following are the approximate expedited shipping times:
Normal: 4-10 business days
Expedited: 2-7 days
Normal: 4-8 weeks
Expedited: 10-15 days