• Acetyl-L-Carnitine offers a better absorbed form of L-Carnitine
• Provides cognitive support in neurological dysfunction
• Helps relieve pain associated with diabetic neuropathy
ALCAR is N-acetyl-L-carnitine, a form of L-carnitine found ubiquitously in mammalian tissues that is important for energy production. Extensive research has documented ALCAR’s ability to improve mitochondrial function, sperm production and energy production. ALCAR is unique because it is able to cross the blood-brain barrier more easily than L-carnitine, making it more effective for enhancing cognitive function. Research has found ALCAR to be capable of reducing the symptoms of mild cognitive impairment by improving memory, attention, mood and other cognitive functions. Amazingly, the positive cognitive effects seem to persist even after stopping short-term supplementation.
ALCAR can also increase L-carnitine levels in those who are deficient due to factors such as the use of certain medications, disease, a strict vegetarian diet, and heart or circulatory conditions. Some people use L-carnitine for athletic performance and endurance as it promotes energy production and proper fat burning. Muscle fatigue, male infertility (due to poor sperm health), Rett syndrome, chronic fatigue syndrome, anorexia, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), thyroid imbalances, leg ulcers, high cholesterol and Lyme disease are all common conditions that may benefit from ALCAR supplementation.
ALCAR is beneficial for people of all walks of life including the young, middle-aged and elderly, vegetarians, infertility patients, brain rehab patients, those experiencing chronic fatigue and athletes. Since the benefits remain after one stops taking it, it is a worthwhile investment with good returns for anyone looking for additional memory, metabolic and general health support.
AOR’s Acetyl-L-Cartinitine can cross the blood-brain barrier and neural cell membranes more readily than conventional L-carnitine, making it more bioavailable. This particular ester also has numerous cognitive benefits associated with it that are not attributed to regular L-carnitine.
ALCAR is N-acetyl-L-carnitine, the form of L-carnitine that is the most abundant in the body. ALCAR readily crosses the blood-brain barrier and helps to reduce fatigue, support cognitive function in the elderly, maintain cognitive function during aging and even relieve pain associated with diabetic neuropathy.
AOR™ guarantees that all ingredients have been declared on the label. Contains no wheat, gluten, corn, nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, sulphites, mustard, soy, dairy, eggs, fish, shellfish or any animal byproduct.
- Ingredients: N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine (HCl)500 mg Non-medicinal Ingredients: sodium stearyl fumarate. Capsule: hypromellose.
- Legal disclaimer: Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.
- Manufacturer: Advanced Orthomolecular Research
- Suggested use: This product provides 1.59 g of single amino acid per day. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, have liver or kidney disease, have been instructed to follow a low protein diet, if symptoms persist or worsen or for use beyond six months. Feelings of overstimulation and/or sleeplessness may occur, in which case discontinue use if symptoms persist or worsen. Low incidence of seizures has been reported with oral doses in individuals with or without a pre-existing seizure disorder. Mild gastrointestinal symptoms (transient nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps and diarrhea) have been reported. Body odour, flatulence, increased appetite or rash may occur.
- Warnings: Take two to four capsules daily with food, or as directed by a qualified health care practitioner. A minimum of three months may be required before observing an effect.
Refunds and Returns
We will happily refund your order up to 30 days after your time of purchase. All products must be returned, unopened, in their original packaging.
Please include a receipt or proof of purchase with all returns. Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned product. Upon approval, your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment.
Acceptable Reasons for Returns
Product error made by us (such as sending the wrong brand, product or flavour).
1. Expired product
2. Damaged products
3. For products that fall under this category, SNS Health will
Late or Missing Refunds
It may take some time before your refund is officially posted to your bank or credit card. If you are currently awaiting a return, please contact your bank or credit card company as there is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
Bundle Deal Products
Only regular priced products may be refunded, unfortunately bundle deal products cannot be refunded.
We're happy to exchange damaged or defective products. Email us at email@example.com and we’ll provide you with a return shipping label.
For all other exchanges, please mail the product to:
Sports Nutrition Source
2500 Williams Parkway
Please use the same aforementioned address for Returns.
SNS Health will cover the return shipping costs for damaged, expired or incorrect products. Please contact us at (INSERT PREFERRED EMAIL ADDRESS) and we will provide you with a return shipping label. Original shipping costs are non-refundable.
Our packages are sent using standard shipping methods and timing. If you would like your order to arrive faster, the following are the approximate expedited shipping times:
Normal: 4-10 business days
Expedited: 2-7 days
Normal: 4-8 weeks
Expedited: 10-15 days
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.