• A precursor to serotonin
• Supports healthy mood balance and sleep patterns
• Helps alleviate migraines and fibromyalgia
• Flexible dosing options for varying needs
5-HTP is primarily used to support mood through its ability to boost serotonin levels. It has been compared to various tricyclic antidepressants, and has been found to be as effective with fewer side effects and quicker effectiveness. Since serotonin and melatonin are involved in regulating the sleep/wake cycle, 5-HTP also enhances sleep quality. Additionally, research supports a role for 5-HTP in reducing migraines and the symptoms of fibromyalgia. Studies in Spain and Italy found that 5-HTP was comparable to the drug methysergide in alleviating the symptoms of migraines (over 70% in both groups) while eliciting considerably fewer side effects. Fibromyalgia patients have been found to have low serotonin levels and have shown symptomatic improvement with the use of tricyclic and SSRI antidepressants. Several clinical trials have confirmed significant improvements in symptoms, including pain, morning stiffness, nervousness, and fatigue.
AOR’s 5-HTP is derived from the seed of the small shrub tree Griffonia simplicifolia and then processed in France. This source of 5-HTP is devoid of any “peak x” contaminants. AOR also offers 5-HTP Extra Strength, which is twice the dose of AOR’s regular 5-HTP, to meet varying individual needs.
5-HTP is 5-hydroxytryptophan, a metabolite of tryptophan, and an essential precursor of serotonin and melatonin. Research supports a role for 5-HTP in supporting mood balance and relieving the symptoms of fibromyalgia. AOR’s 5-HTP is naturally- sourced from the seeds of the griffonia shrub.
AOR™ guarantees that all ingredients have been declared on the label. Contains no wheat, gluten, corn, nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, sulphites, mustard, soy, dairy, eggs, fish, shellfish or any animal byproduct.
- Ingredients: L-5-Hydroxytryptophan (griffonia seed extract)50 mg Non-medicinal Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, sodium stearyl fumarate. Capsule: hypromellose
- Legal disclaimer: Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.
- Manufacturer: Advanced Orthomolecular Research
- Suggested use: For healthy mood balance, take one to two capsules three times daily with food; for relief of symptoms of fibromyalgia, take two capsules three to four times daily with food. To minimize gastrointestinal side effect risk, start at 50 to 100 mg two to three times daily and slowly increase to an effective dose over two weeks. Use for a minimum of one week to see beneficial effects for mood balance and two weeks for the alleviation of fibromyalgia symptoms. Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen or for use beyond one year.
- Warnings: Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if taking carbidopa or drugs/supplements with serotonergic activity, including, but not limited to, L-tryptophan, SAMe, St. John’s Wort, antidepressants, pain killers, cough/cold medication containing dextromethorphan, anti-nausea medication or anti-migraine medication. Some people may experience gastrointestinal disturbances such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. May cause drowsiness; exercise caution if driving or operating heavy machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness. Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner if you experience skin changes, weakness, oral ulcers, or abdominal pain accompanied by severe muscle pain. Do not use if you have scleroderma, if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to conceive. Not to be used by individuals under the age of 18 or those with a medical condition. This product contains corn, do not use if you have an allergy. Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen or for use beyond one year.
In Canada, we offer free standard shipping for orders over $49.
In EU countries, we offer free standard shipping for orders over €80.
In UK, we offer free standard shipping for orders over £60.
Shipping within Canada
Our fulfillment center is open from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Your order will be dispatched within 48-72 hours. Please note that orders placed after 5 pm on Friday will be processed the following Monday.
We currently offer 3 shipping methods:
- Standard shipping, with free shipping for orders over $49. You can choose whether you prefer to be delivered with or without a signature requirement.
- UPS Standard.
- UPS Expedited.
For standard shipping, we offer a signature requirement option during checkout. You can choose to require a signature at delivery for extra security, at no extra cost.
In the event that you are unavailable during the delivery, or if our carrier encounters security access issues, your package will be safely delivered to the nearest UPS access point for your convenience. You will have a period of 8 business days to pick up your package. If the package remains unclaimed during this time, it will be returned to our store.
If no signature is chosen, you will be fully responsible for any loss, theft, or damage to your package after delivery.
You can also choose to notify us regarding your delivery preferences by leaving instructions at checkout. Orders with comment "Leave at door" will be reconsidered without signature service.
If we don't have a selected option from you, we will select signature at delivery as default option, to protect you from porch pirates.
Please note that during the holidays, our delivery times might be extended due to shipping disruptions expected from our carrier.
We now offer international shipping to customers in the United Kingdom (UK) and within Europe. We currently ship to the following European's countries: France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Ireland, Austria, Germany. Please note that we are constantly working to expand our shipping coverage and may add more countries in the future.
The available shipping methods may vary depending on the destination country. The shipping costs for international orders will be calculated based on the destination, the weight and dimensions of the package, and the shipping method chosen. During the checkout process, you will be able to select the available shipping options and the exact shipping cost will be displayed before completing your order.
Please be aware that international orders may be subject to customs fees, import duties, value-added taxes (VAT), or other charges imposed by the destination country. These additional charges are the sole responsibility of the customer.
The estimated delivery timeframes for international orders range from 5 to 15 business days, taken into account the shipping method selected, customs processes, and other external factors. To keep you informed about the progress of your shipment, we provide order tracking services.
Please ensure that you are familiar with your country's import regulations and restrictions before placing an order. We recommend that you check with your local customs office for more information.
Our return policy applies to international orders. However, please note that return shipping costs, as well as any associated duties or taxes, will be the responsibility of the customer. Please refer to our Return Policy for detailed instructions on how to initiate a return or exchange.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding international shipping, please feel free to reach out to our customer support via chat.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
We offer a minimum shelf-life of 1-month for food items and 3-month for supplements from the purchase date.
Discounted items are final sale and are not eligible for a return, refund or exchange.
We will happily return your order up to 30 days after your time of purchase. The products must be eligible for a return based on the restrictions outlined below:
- Product error made by us (such as sending the wrong brand, product or flavour).
- Expired product.
- Damaged products.
All products must be returned, unopened, in their original packaging. We will cover the return shipping costs for damaged, expired or incorrect products. Contact us via chat and we will provide you with a return shipping label. Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned product. Upon approval, your exchange or refund will be processed. The refund will automatically be applied to your original method of payment.
Please note that only regular priced products may be refunded. Bundle deal products cannot be refunded.
It may take some time before your refund is officially posted to your bank or credit card. If you are currently awaiting a return, please contact your bank or credit card company as there is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
Original shipping costs are non-refundable.
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsYesterday5 Stars
Hard to find itemLLindsayVerified Buyer
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsYesterdayGood Purchase
It's easy to mix and doesn't have an overpowering taste. A solid supplement for fitness enthusiasts.DDavis
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsYesterdayLiked it
If you're serious about your fitness goals, I suggest giving this a shot.JJackson
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsYesterdayVisible results
I've been using this product for a few months now, and I'm satisfied with the results. Not only has it helped me push through my workouts and gain more strength, but I've also noticed a significant increase in muscle size and density.BTByron T.
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars2 days agoExcellent!
Great product, great service!KRKeith R.Verified Buyer