• A precursor to serotonin
• Supports healthy mood balance and sleep patterns
• Helps alleviate migraines and fibromyalgia
• Flexible dosing options for varying needs
5-HTP is primarily used to support mood through its ability to boost serotonin levels. It has been compared to various tricyclic antidepressants, and has been found to be as effective with fewer side effects and quicker effectiveness. Since serotonin and melatonin are involved in regulating the sleep/wake cycle, 5-HTP also enhances sleep quality. Additionally, research supports a role for 5-HTP in reducing migraines and the symptoms of fibromyalgia. Studies in Spain and Italy found that 5-HTP was comparable to the drug methysergide in alleviating the symptoms of migraines (over 70% in both groups) while eliciting considerably fewer side effects. Fibromyalgia patients have been found to have low serotonin levels and have shown symptomatic improvement with the use of tricyclic and SSRI antidepressants. Several clinical trials have confirmed significant improvements in symptoms, including pain, morning stiffness, nervousness, and fatigue.
AOR’s 5-HTP is derived from the seed of the small shrub tree Griffonia simplicifolia and then processed in France. This source of 5-HTP is devoid of any “peak x” contaminants. AOR also offers 5-HTP Extra Strength, which is twice the dose of AOR’s regular 5-HTP, to meet varying individual needs.
5-HTP is 5-hydroxytryptophan, a metabolite of tryptophan, and an essential precursor of serotonin and melatonin. Research supports a role for 5-HTP in supporting mood balance and relieving the symptoms of fibromyalgia. AOR’s 5-HTP is naturally- sourced from the seeds of the griffonia shrub.
AOR™ guarantees that all ingredients have been declared on the label. Contains no wheat, gluten, corn, nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, sulphites, mustard, soy, dairy, eggs, fish, shellfish or any animal byproduct.
- Ingredients: L-5-Hydroxytryptophan (griffonia seed extract)50 mg Non-medicinal Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, sodium stearyl fumarate. Capsule: hypromellose
- Legal disclaimer: Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.
- Manufacturer: Advanced Orthomolecular Research
- Suggested use: For healthy mood balance, take one to two capsules three times daily with food; for relief of symptoms of fibromyalgia, take two capsules three to four times daily with food. To minimize gastrointestinal side effect risk, start at 50 to 100 mg two to three times daily and slowly increase to an effective dose over two weeks. Use for a minimum of one week to see beneficial effects for mood balance and two weeks for the alleviation of fibromyalgia symptoms. Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen or for use beyond one year.
- Warnings: Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if taking carbidopa or drugs/supplements with serotonergic activity, including, but not limited to, L-tryptophan, SAMe, St. John’s Wort, antidepressants, pain killers, cough/cold medication containing dextromethorphan, anti-nausea medication or anti-migraine medication. Some people may experience gastrointestinal disturbances such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. May cause drowsiness; exercise caution if driving or operating heavy machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness. Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner if you experience skin changes, weakness, oral ulcers, or abdominal pain accompanied by severe muscle pain. Do not use if you have scleroderma, if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to conceive. Not to be used by individuals under the age of 18 or those with a medical condition. This product contains corn, do not use if you have an allergy. Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen or for use beyond one year.
Refunds and Returns
We will happily refund your order up to 30 days after your time of purchase. All products must be returned, unopened, in their original packaging.
Please include a receipt or proof of purchase with all returns. Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned product. Upon approval, your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment.
Acceptable Reasons for Returns
Product error made by us (such as sending the wrong brand, product or flavour).
1. Expired product
2. Damaged products
3. For products that fall under this category, SNS Health will
Late or Missing Refunds
It may take some time before your refund is officially posted to your bank or credit card. If you are currently awaiting a return, please contact your bank or credit card company as there is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
Bundle Deal Products
Only regular priced products may be refunded, unfortunately bundle deal products cannot be refunded.
We're happy to exchange damaged or defective products. Email us at email@example.com and we’ll provide you with a return shipping label.
For all other exchanges, please mail the product to:
Sports Nutrition Source
2500 Williams Parkway
Please use the same aforementioned address for Returns.
SNS Health will cover the return shipping costs for damaged, expired or incorrect products. Please contact us at (INSERT PREFERRED EMAIL ADDRESS) and we will provide you with a return shipping label. Original shipping costs are non-refundable.
Our packages are sent using standard shipping methods and timing. If you would like your order to arrive faster, the following are the approximate expedited shipping times:
Normal: 4-10 business days
Expedited: 2-7 days
Normal: 4-8 weeks
Expedited: 10-15 days
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.