• An essential amino acid
• Supports a healthy functioning immune system
• Helps reduce the recurrence, severity and healing time of cold sores
• Provides a clinically effective dose
L-lysine is an essential amino acid that is important for many biological functions, such as immunity, energy production and muscle growth. Since it is naturally abundant in high protein foods such as meat, eggs, beans and legumes, those most likely to suffer from deficiency are vegetarians or vegans who consume a diet low in legumes and high in grain-based foods.
One of the most common uses for supplemental L-lysine is for preventing cold sores caused by the Herpes Simplex virus. It does this in three different ways: by preventing infection with the virus, reducing the risk of developing cold sores in those with the virus and speeding up the recovery after cold sores develop. Lysine inhibits replication of the herpes virus that causes the visible outbreaks and pain, itching and sores around the lips. It interferes with the absorption of the amino acid arginine, which the herpes virus uses to replicate. Without arginine, the virus cannot be fully functional which allows the body to heal quicker and reduce the possibility of recurrence.
Lysine also supports bodybuilding and muscle growth and helps maintain carnitine levels, an important factor in energy and aging. Lysine supports bone health by ensuring the proper absorption of calcium and helping to form collagen that makes up bone cartilage and connective tissues. Finally, supplementation with lysine has been shown to reduce mood imbalances and even cortisol levels in those who consume low amounts of lysine.
AOR’s L-Lysine offers a safe and effective dose of high quality, pure L-lysine.
L-Lysine is an essential amino acid. L-Lysine helps to support a healthy immune system, and helps reduce the recurrence, severity and healing time of cold sores.
AOR™ guarantees that all ingredients have been declared on the label. Contains no wheat, gluten, nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, sulphites, mustard, soy, dairy, eggs, fish, shellfish or any animal by product.
- Ingredients: L-Lysine*500 mg *Produced from biofermentation Non-medicinal Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose and sodium stearyl fumarate. Capsule: hypromellose.
- Legal disclaimer: Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.
- Manufacturer: Advanced Orthomolecular Research
- Suggested use: Take two capsules three times daily for up to six months, or as directed by a qualified health care practitioner.
- Warnings: Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding. Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist. This product contains a corn derived ingredient, do not consume if you have such allergy.
Refunds and Returns
We will happily refund your order up to 30 days after your time of purchase. All products must be returned, unopened, in their original packaging.
Please include a receipt or proof of purchase with all returns. Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned product. Upon approval, your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment.
Acceptable Reasons for Returns
Product error made by us (such as sending the wrong brand, product or flavour).
1. Expired product
2. Damaged products
3. For products that fall under this category, SNS Health will
Late or Missing Refunds
It may take some time before your refund is officially posted to your bank or credit card. If you are currently awaiting a return, please contact your bank or credit card company as there is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
Bundle Deal Products
Only regular priced products may be refunded, unfortunately bundle deal products cannot be refunded.
We're happy to exchange damaged or defective products. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll provide you with a return shipping label.
For all other exchanges, please mail the product to:
Sports Nutrition Source
2500 Williams Parkway
Please use the same aforementioned address for Returns.
SNS Health will cover the return shipping costs for damaged, expired or incorrect products. Please contact us at (INSERT PREFERRED EMAIL ADDRESS) and we will provide you with a return shipping label. Original shipping costs are non-refundable.
Our packages are sent using standard shipping methods and timing. If you would like your order to arrive faster, the following are the approximate expedited shipping times:
Normal: 4-10 business days
Expedited: 2-7 days
Normal: 4-8 weeks
Expedited: 10-15 days
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.