Features plant-derived 5-HTP
Used as a sleep aid
5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is an intermediate in the natural synthesis of serotonin from the essential amino acid tryptophan. The enzyme tryptophan hydroxylase adds a hydroxyl group (OH) to tryptophan, forming the 5-HTP intermediate. In the body, 5-HTP is converted to serotonin with the removal of a carboxyl group (COOH) by a second enzyme. 5-HTP is involved in the regulation of endocrine and brain activity responsible for emotion and sleep/wake cycles. In clinical studies, administration of 5-HTP has been reported to improve rapid eye movement (REM) sleep duration and promote emotional well-being. The 5-HTP supplied in this supplement is derived from the Griffonia simplicifolia plant.
- Ingredients: Medicinal ingredients(per capsule): L-5-Hydroxytryptophan (from Griffonia simplicifolia seed) 100 mg. Non-medicinal ingredients: Hypo-allergenic plant cellulose, Hydroxy propyl methylcellulose, Purified wateR.
- Manufacturer: PURE ENCAPSULATIONS
- Suggested use: Recommended Use: Helps to promote healthy mood balance. Used as a sleep aid. Recommended Dose: Adults. Healthy mood balance: Take 1 capsule 3 times daily with meals. Sleep aid: Take 1–2 capsules daily, 30– 45 minutes before bedtime.
- Warnings: Consult a healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, if you are taking carbidopa or drugs/supplements with serotonergic activity. These may include, but are not limited to, L-tryptophan, S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe), St. John’s wort, antidepressants, pain killers, over the counter cough and cold medication containing dextromethorphan, anti-nausea medication and anti-migraine medication. Discontinue use and consult a healthcare practitioner if you show signs of weakness, oral ulcers, or abdominal pain accompanied by severe muscle pain or if you experience skin changes. Sleep Aid: Consult a healthcare practitioner if sleeplessness persists continuously for more than 3 weeks (chronic insomnia).
Our packages are sent using standard shipping methods and timing. If you would like your order to arrive faster, the following are the approximate expedited shipping times:
Normal: 4-10 business days.
Expedited: 2-7 days.
Normal: 4-8 weeks.
Expedited: 10-15 days.
However, during Christmas and New Year Holidays, our delivery times might be extended due to shipping disruptions expected from our carrier:
- December 26th & 27th: Closed.
- December 28th to 30th: Working.
- December 31st to January 2nd: Closed.
- January 3rd: Back to normal.
Refunds and Returns
We will happily refund your order up to 30 days after your time of purchase. All products must be returned, unopened, in their original packaging.
Please include a receipt or proof of purchase with all returns. Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned product. Upon approval, your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment.
Acceptable Reasons for Returns
- Product error made by us (such as sending the wrong brand, product or flavour).
- Expired product.
- Damaged products.
Bundle Deal Products
Only regular priced products may be refunded, unfortunately bundle deal products cannot be refunded.
Late or Missing Refunds
It may take some time before your refund is officially posted to your bank or credit card. If you are currently awaiting a return, please contact your bank or credit card company as there is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
We're happy to exchange damaged or defective products. Email us at email@example.com and we’ll provide you with a return shipping label.
For all other exchanges, please mail the product to:
2500 Williams Parkway
Please use the same aforementioned address for Returns.
SNS Health will cover the return shipping costs for damaged, expired or incorrect products. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with a return shipping label. Original shipping costs are non-refundable.