• Helps with energy and metabolism
• Helps to maintain normal electrolyte balance
• Aids in maintaining proper muscle function, including the heart
• Helps in the absorption and use of calcium and phosphorus, for healthy bone support
• Relieves constipation and relaxes the digestive system
Magnesium is a mineral which is essential for the functioning of your body. It is found in muscles and soft tissues like the heart and brain, and extra is stored in bones and teeth (which also keeps them strong, and keeps calcium in proper balance). Magnesium is involved in hundreds of roles, including energy production, nutrient metabolism, producing DNA, regulating blood sugar, balancing mood, relaxing the body and mind, controlling electrical charges across muscles and nerves and over six hundred enzyme reactions. It also acts as an electrolyte, keeping pH levels balanced and water flowing across cell membranes. Sounds pretty important, indeed!
Like mentioned, magnesium is essential which means we don’t make it, but need to intake it from our diet or supplements. Magnesium is rich in plant foods, especially those high in chlorophyll. Chlorophyll, the substance thatgives plants theirgreen-ness, is essentially ‘plant blood’ and is high in magnesium. Seaweeds, dark leafy vegetables, fruits and veg, nuts, seeds, legumes and wholegrains are allgreat sources. But magnesium is one of the most common nutrient deficiencies – over 35% of Canadians aren’tgetting the estimated average requirement of magnesium from their diet. This is due to a lack of whole, fresh foods in the diet, along with other factors like poor digestion, taking certain medications, the intake of caffeine, alcohol, sugar and cigarettes, and a lack of magnesium in the soil due to nutrient-depleting farming practices. This leaves our body low in the mineral that is involved in so many vital jobs. No wonder we’re not feeling optimal!
Many of the functions listed above involve magnesium’s role in relaxing various systems in the body. Think of something stressful – everythinggets tense, right? Well it’s magnesium that allows all those cells and tissues to relax. Thisgoes for your muscles and heart, as well as digestive tract and nervous system. These areas are supposed toget tense when you are in danger, to allow you to run away or fight. But because we’ve added so many more stresses to the plate, andget stressed over so many things that are less than life-threatening, modern-day humans are staying in their fight/flight/freeze mode of their nervous system more often. This leads to a higher overall need for magnesium. Lessgoing in, more required. We might be in trouble!
Supplementation can help to make up for this imbalance. Organika’s Soothe provides magnesium as magnesium citrate. With magnesium bound to salts (like citrate), about 30-40% of the magnesium is absorbed into the body and tissues, helping our muscles and nerves relax. The rest stays in the digestive tract, where it can help ensure proper regular bowel movements. These salts attract water, bringing fluid to a backed up or unresponsive colon. This is super beneficial for relieving constipation and can be taken daily without dependance. This format allows Soothe to soothe all parts of the body, mind andgut!
- Ingredients: MEDICINAL INGREDIENTS – EACH SERVING CONTAINS: Magnesium (Magnesium carbonate) 205 mg NON-MEDICINAL INGREDIENTS: Watermelon & lime: Citric Acid; Isoamyl Acetate; Natural Lime Flavour; Foodgrade Spearmint Essential Oil; Purified Stevia Leaf Extract. Raspberry & rose: Citric Acid; Natural Raspberry and Rose Flavours; Purified Stevia Leaf Extract. Unflavoured: Citric Acid; Purified Stevia Leaf Extract.
- Legal disclaimer: Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.
- Manufacturer: ORGANIKA
- Suggested use: Place 1 serving (2.5g or ~1.5 teaspoons of powder) in a mug and add 75 ml of hot beverage. Let it fizz and stir until dissolved. Fill the rest of the mug with your favourite beverage to make a full cup. RECOMMENDED DOSE – (ORAL) ADULTS ONLY: 1 serving (2.5g or ~1.5 teaspoons of powder) per day.
Refunds and Returns
We will happily refund your order up to 30 days after your time of purchase. All products must be returned, unopened, in their original packaging.
Please include a receipt or proof of purchase with all returns. Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned product. Upon approval, your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment.
Acceptable Reasons for Returns
Product error made by us (such as sending the wrong brand, product or flavour).
1. Expired product
2. Damaged products
3. For products that fall under this category, SNS Health will
Late or Missing Refunds
It may take some time before your refund is officially posted to your bank or credit card. If you are currently awaiting a return, please contact your bank or credit card company as there is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
Bundle Deal Products
Only regular priced products may be refunded, unfortunately bundle deal products cannot be refunded.
We're happy to exchange damaged or defective products. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll provide you with a return shipping label.
For all other exchanges, please mail the product to:
Sports Nutrition Source
2500 Williams Parkway
Please use the same aforementioned address for Returns.
SNS Health will cover the return shipping costs for damaged, expired or incorrect products. Please contact us at (INSERT PREFERRED EMAIL ADDRESS) and we will provide you with a return shipping label. Original shipping costs are non-refundable.
Our packages are sent using standard shipping methods and timing. If you would like your order to arrive faster, the following are the approximate expedited shipping times:
Normal: 4-10 business days
Expedited: 2-7 days
Normal: 4-8 weeks
Expedited: 10-15 days
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.