• A liver protectant
• Helps to support liver function
• Powerful antioxidant
• Raises glutathione levels in the liver
Milk thistle (Silybum marianum L.) is a member of the aster family. The name comes from the milky sap that emerges when the leaves are crushed or broken. It is a fairly typical thistle plant, which was originally found in Southern Europe through to Asia, but is now found throughout the world. Milk Thistle has been used traditionally in herbal medicine as an effective, yet gentle liver protectant. The flavonoid silymarin is the main active phytonutrient in milk thistle. It is found at the highest concentrations in the black seeds within the milk thistle flower. Organika’s Milk Thistle is an extract of the potent seed instead of the flower, which contains much lower quantities of silymarin.
Milk thistle and silymarin have powerful antioxidant properties, protecting your body from free radicals and lipid peroxidation that cause cellular damage and premature aging. It also can increase the liver content of glutathione, a powerful antioxidant we produce in the liver, by more than 30%. This means greater liver efficiency with respect to cleansing the body and eliminated toxic substances. It also helps improve digestion.
Silymarin is long recognized for its ability to help treat liver disorders. Organika’s Milk Thistle has a powerful effect on the liver, providing protection against the damage that medications, foods and stress do to overall health. It is also a protective compound against liver-damaging agents such as alcohol. Milk thistle supplementation has been clinically proven effective in reducing the damage of drug and alcohol-related liver damage, cirrhosis, fibrosis and environmental toxins. It can also protect from the damage of these challenges in the first place, allowing milk thistle to be a preventative in combating the daily stressors that your liver faces.
The liver is a very important organ andgland in our body – it has over 500 roles it fills on an ongoing basis! Technically classified as part of the digestive system for its roles in producing bile and other nutrient-digesting substances, it also produces proteins and detoxifies wastes for removal from the body.
Here are some of the other roles of the liver:
• Produces bile for the absorption of fats, cholesterol and fat-soluble vitamins
• Filters all our blood and removes and recycles old red blood cells
• Stores and releases carbohydrates asglycogen to regulate blood sugar and energy levels
• Filters out toxins and wastes, like alcohol, drugs, caffeine, hormones and excess cholesterol
• Regulates blood clotting and blood pressure
When the liver isn’t functioning optimally, it may show as symptoms of difficulties with thegallbladder and fat absorption, excess estrogen or cholesterol, or low iron levels. When it’s really in trouble, liver diseases such as cirrhosis, hepatitis, or cancer may manifest.
- Ingredients: MEDICINAL INGREDIENT — EACH VEGETARIAN CAPSULE CONTAINS: Milk Thistle Seed Standardized 80% Extract (Silybum marianum L.) 250 mg (Providing 200 mg of Silymarin) NON-MEDICINAL INGREDIENTS: Magnesium Stearate (Non-GMO Vegetable Source) Microcrystalline Cellulose Brown Rice Flour Hypromellose / Pullulan (Vegetarian Capsule)
- Legal disclaimer: Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.
- Manufacturer: ORGANIKA
- Suggested use: RECOMMENDED DOSE — (ORAL) ADULTS ONLY: Take 1 capsule 3 times per day with a meal. DURATION OF USE: Use for a minimum of 3 weeks to see beneficial effects.
- Warnings: Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen. Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant. Hypersensitivity, such as allergy, has been known to occur; in which case, discontinue use.
Our packages are sent using standard shipping methods and timing. If you would like your order to arrive faster, the following are the approximate expedited shipping times:
Normal: 4-10 business days.
Expedited: 2-7 days.
Normal: 4-8 weeks.
Expedited: 10-15 days.
However, during Christmas and New Year Holidays, our delivery times might be extended due to shipping disruptions expected from our carrier:
- December 26th & 27th: Closed.
- December 28th to 30th: Working.
- December 31st to January 2nd: Closed.
- January 3rd: Back to normal.
Refunds and Returns
We will happily refund your order up to 30 days after your time of purchase. All products must be returned, unopened, in their original packaging.
Please include a receipt or proof of purchase with all returns. Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned product. Upon approval, your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment.
Acceptable Reasons for Returns
- Product error made by us (such as sending the wrong brand, product or flavour).
- Expired product.
- Damaged products.
Bundle Deal Products
Only regular priced products may be refunded, unfortunately bundle deal products cannot be refunded.
Late or Missing Refunds
It may take some time before your refund is officially posted to your bank or credit card. If you are currently awaiting a return, please contact your bank or credit card company as there is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
We're happy to exchange damaged or defective products. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll provide you with a return shipping label.
For all other exchanges, please mail the product to:
2500 Williams Parkway
Please use the same aforementioned address for Returns.
SNS Health will cover the return shipping costs for damaged, expired or incorrect products. Please contact us at email@example.com and we will provide you with a return shipping label. Original shipping costs are non-refundable.